Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First Attempt Serving Banana with Sippy Cup





So here it is, about a week into her sixth month, the first attempt of feeding the exclusively breastfed baby some "real" food. The video camera was out the camera was going and... she hated it. I guess I just assumed, coming from Will and I, that the second the food hit her lips she'd be a full-on EATER.
I attended a class called "Starting Solids" with Leslee at Best Beginnings. They recommended using my finger as a first spoon since it would be more familiar to Bowie. Well, she wasn't so into that. Two days later I tried using an actual baby spoon and that went over WAY better, although she does really want to hold the spoon and launch it across the room so badly. With the baby spoon I was able to get the smallest amount of banana into her mouth and she made a bad face. Then she chugged water out of her sippy cup as if it was no big deal. As if she had been drinking out of a sippy cup all along. Look at the pictures! She LOVES the sippy cup.
Next we have been trying avacado. Same bad face. Same desperate desire to grab+launch baby spoon. Same love of the sippy. So not much going with the avacado. I'm wishing for her to taste a spoonful of food and light-up in excitement at the deliciousness! Maybe sweet potatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment