Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Three Months: A Recap.

Sweet Bowie is three months old today. I love watching her get older, I love that she has started showing her personality. No longer just a little sleeping/eating/pooping machine! Now we get smiles and talking in between all of those things :)

These three months have been such a blur. Seems like a million years ago that I was screaming my head off for twenty-four hours in the hospital and seeing her for the first time. Bringing her home and staring at her all day long, amazed by every move she made. Getting approx. half an hour of sleep every night and maybe two hours during the day (if I was lucky). But now! She's sleeping four to five hours at a time during the night and napping like a true Galotti/Ashford during the day. She has already out grown many cute outfits and her first size of cloth diapers. She makes the saddest face when she is upset and the beams the biggest smile when she is happy and I love it all. I love her so much.

I would also like to speak to how grateful I am to have Will in my life the last three months. Well, of course, I'm grateful for the last three years we've been married and the many years before that since I've known him but these last few months have been really special. Will is a great dad, didn't we all know he would be though? He cooks, he cleans, he changes diapers, he brings me water when I'm stuck on the couch with baby, he works a million hours a week, he drives us around to get Starbucks and look at big houses, he brings me flowers, he flies baby around the house like a little football-airplane when she's upset, he helps me with the laundry, he tolerates my need to rearrange the entire house every few months, and he loves Bowie and me endlessly.

Cloth diapering has been going great. It's even easier than I thought it would be and, so far, Bowie hasn't had any diaper rash and only the occasional leak. It was a pretty intense initial investment but now we aren't running to the store for diapers constantly and we'll really save a lot of money when we re-use them on the next baby ( heeheeeee). Working with Jen, the woman who runs a local cloth-diapering business was really helpful. She narrowed it all down so we could pick some really great brands/styles of diapers. There's so many out there and trying to figure it out on my own online was ridiculous. Check out her website: www.ecologicalbabies.com

I'll be starting work again (part-time) in a couple weeks. Luckily, my job is very flexible and understanding and right down the road from our house! I'll be working short 3-4 hour shifts for now since Bowie is refusing the bottle and, really, we don't need to force it on her since our schedules allow for me to be with her to feed her.

We are headed to St. George Island to attend a big beach wedding this weekend and I can't wait for Bowie to stick her toes in the ocean! I'll take a million pictures and post them when we get back :)

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 3 MONTH CELEBRATION! love & hugs Madre Grande :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me there are a lot of blessings to go around here. Bebe Bowie indeed has one great Dad, true enough, but also an amazingly wonderful Mom.
    Reading this post only makes that a fact. Plus she has two very cool Aunties and a way out Granny G :) And the list goes on and on ...I am so happy for you guys. Stephanie, Samantha and I send all our love across the Gulf to you all with big time Texas X's and O's !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Baron! Can't wait to come out to Austin so you can meet her! We're planning a big road trip, aka Baby Tour 2011, for next summer...I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete