I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes me happy. I don't mean to say that I am unhappy or that I need any kind of come-to-Jesus moral support, I just mean that my life is so different now and most things I used to do are not an option anymore. So, on a day-to-day what can I do that will make me happy. Happier, even.
Here's a running list (not including the obvious Bowie and Will time) of everything that comes to mind that brings me joy in some way, past and present:
Hanging out in a beach house
Sewing
Reading magazines and blogs about Fashion Design and Sewing/Crafting
the color: pale yellow
the color: turquoise
the color: plum
Painting the walls of my house
Re-arranging/re-decorating my house
Thrifting/ Estate-Sale ing
Ordering merchandise for Quarter Moon
Reading
Sleeping
Drinking coffee
Music....only sometimes though, other times it makes me furious.
Hanging out with my sisters
Having a clean house (not the cleaning part unfortunately)
Looking at art
Getting dressed up and going out with my ladies for drinks
Driving around listening to music that Will hates at top volume
the color: pale pink
the color: grey
Gardening, although I am fairly awful at it
Eating
That's what comes to mind. I have a million sewing projects/ideas going in my mind right now, it's so hard to find the time to get them going start to finish. I'm hoping Bowie will start to sleep better (on her own) at night soon so I will have those few hours back before I pass out every night.
So, here's hoping! In the meantime, I'll keep spending my time kissing the cute Bowie face. 99.9% of the time those kisses cancel this list out twice over.
I seriously heart this.
ReplyDeletethanks, Heidi :)
ReplyDelete