Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Proofing

A list of ways I have already baby proofed the house:

Pots and pans hanging above the oven
Locked doors below kitchen sink
Guitars hung on walls
Replaced wobbly coffee table with a cushioned storage ottoman (which is a really nice piece of furniture Will found at Costco)
Replaced our leaning shelf cd storage unit with a sturdy tv shelf that has doors to keep all the CDs/VHS tapes behind
Light socket covers everywhere
Tacked down the cable cord to the baseboards
Lowered Bowie's crib mattress


A list of things left to do (which have quickly come to my attention the past three days):

Clean the fireplace and remove fireplace tools from the house
Shorten filing cabinet inserts so the drawers close/lock
Secure our GIANT bookshelf to the wall
Possibly make doors that lock for the built-in bookshelves on either side of the fireplace (ugh books everywhere!)
Try to find an extra wide baby gate to gate off the front room from the living room


Things I have no way of "proofing":
Hardwood floors throughout the house
Floor lamp in the living room
Cat hair everywhere


Am I forgetting anything? I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment